Research and Innovation Resources
- National Association of Manufacturers' Manufacturing's Share of Gross State Product—This report offers a quick but informative glance into individual states and their economies.
- National Network for Manufacturing Innovation and Other Accelerators—NNMI accelerates development and adoption of cutting-edge manufacturing technologies for making new, globally competitive products.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Agricultural Research Service—ARS finds solutions to agricultural problems that affect Americans every day, from field to table.
- USDA's Economic Research Service—The ERS mission is to inform and enhance public and private decision-making on economic and policy issues related to agriculture, food, the environment, and rural development.
- USDA's National Institute of Food and Agriculture—NIFA's mission is to lead food and agricultural sciences to create a better future for the nation and the world by supporting research, education, and extension programs in the Land-Grant University System and other partner organizations. NIFA doesn't perform actual research, education, and extension, but rather helps fund it at the state and local level and provides program leadership in these areas.
- U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative—DOE's Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative is a strategic integration and commitment of manufacturing efforts across the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's clean energy technology offices and Advanced Manufacturing Office, focusing on American competitiveness in clean energy manufacturing.
- DOE's Innovative Manufacturing Initiative—IMI leads DOE's public-private R&D partnership activities. IMI supports the development of advanced manufacturing processes and materials technologies that will transition scientific innovations into clean-energy manufacturing capabilities.
- DOE's Manufacturing Demonstration Facility—A collaborative manufacturing community that shares a common RD&D infrastructure. This shared infrastructure provides affordable access to advanced physical and virtual tools for rapidly demonstrating new manufacturing technologies and optimizing critical processes. Oak Ridge National Laboratory is home to DOE's MDF focused on additive manufacturing and low-cost carbon fiber.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office—USPTO grants U.S. patents and registering trademarks. Under this system of protection, American industry has flourished. New products have been invented, new uses for old ones discovered, and employment opportunities created for millions of Americans.