Manufacturing Supplier Network SWOT Analysis Considerations
- Which clusters, and which industries and occupations within each cluster, are growing or declining, and why?
- What short- and long-term supply chain challenges exist for the local economy along the region's proposed development path?
- How are firms connected to each other? What role do trade and other associations play? How might customers or suppliers (even outside the region) support suppliers within the region? What examples exist of projects/shared assets across these firms?
- What processes or institutions (industrial parks, foundations, medical or educational institutions, etc.) exist to promote innovation or upgrade supplier capability?
- Are there institutions that convene suppliers and customers to discuss improved ways of working together, plan complementary investments, etc.?
See the U.S. Cluster Mapping Tool for more information on clusters and the promotion of clusters.